Poor mom of mine..coz its was a staple as my dad preferred it..So, she would do something different for me..I loved spicy tangy food way back then and i was called puli bhatter :D (My fav food included puliodharai,vatha kozhambu, molaga kozhambu..)..We still have arguments about my food intake.. However i have chapati every day now, without fuss & i think this wrap will def be a hit with kids too!
The recipe is partly inspired from Showmethecurry.com.. Ideally, when we look at wraps/rolls, its always made of maida/all purpose flour.. I have stuck to our basic chapati, so guess a healthier option too :)
1. Potato - 1 cup
2. Paneer - 1/2 cup
3. Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
4. Coriander-cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
5. Chat Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
6. Cilantro - 1tbsp (finely chopped)
7. Lemon Juice - of 1 lime
8. Fennel Seeds/Saunf - 2 tsp
8. Onions - fistful
9. Bell pepper - 2-3
10. Oil - 2 tsp
11. Chappati - 2-3
12. Green Chutney/Sauce - 1-2 tsp
13, Salt - to taste
1. In a bowl, take the boiled, peeled & grated potato. To this add, the grated paneer
3. Mix this well & to this add cilantro & squeeze lime and mix well
4. Take a pan, add oil and once warm, add the mashed mixture and cook for 2 minutes. To this add, long slit onions and cook for a minute.. Maintain the crunchiness! Allow it to cool
6.Finally, fix a tooth pic to hold the wrap in place! You could use different sauce or a different variation of stuffing..I tried one with Paneer Bhurji too! Go ahead & add cheese too..Personally, i like the one with green chutney better and this potato-paneer stuffing was really tasty!
Enjoy it plain or with sauce..
* You could put raw bell peppers or if you don't like the raw taste like me, lightly toss it the pan, to avoid the rawness but maintain the crunchiness!
** This stuff made me 6 rolls in total... & takes hardly 15 minutes to make, provided you have boiled potatoes :)
Check out the Blogging Marathon page to see what the fellow Marathoners are doing this BM#14
Sending this to Valli's Kids Delight hosted by Rujutha, Vardhini's Dish it Out hosted by Kokila Nayna's Let'c Cook Speedy Snacks,Srav's Vegan Diet and Julie' Herb & Spice event