This one is one of the easiest to make and i being a paneer fan love it. I first had this when i was doing my PG. There was a small joint in J.P Nagar, Blore called Tasty Bites. A very small place & the aunty was famous for her Parathas, paneer bhurji & custard.. I doubt my subzi is close to what she prepares...but this dish hold a special place!
1. Onion - 1 finely chopped
2. Tomatoes - 2 finelly chopped
3. Capsicum - 1/2 finely chopped
4. Panner - 250 grams
5. red Chilli powder -1-2 tsp
6. Coriander -cumin powder -1 tsp
7. Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
8. Turmeric/Haldi powder - a pinch
8. Ginger- garlic paster - 1 tsp
9. Saunf - 1tsp
10.Oil - 1-2 tsp
11. Salt to taste
Add Paneer in hot water before starting the dish. It makes paneer soft.
1. In a wok, add oil, the add saunf
2 Once it turns light brown, add onions, garlic-ginger paster and sauté till it turns light brown
3. Add tomatoes, then add red chilli, coriander-cumin, garam masala powders and haldi
4. Mix well and cook till tomato is mushy. Then add capsicum
5. Add salt and mix. Then cook for say another 6-7 min
6. Remove paneer from water and crumble it using your hand
7. Add this to the wok and mix well so paneer gets the coating of flavors
Dish is ready and serve with Chappathi ...Enjoy madi!
Serving - 2- 3 people
Duration - 30-35 minutes