In fact i was telling Valli, i just have to go with the kid in me & approve all the dishes :)..Finally, had a word with my sis & asked her what my nephew likes..He is 12! So the dishes i come up during this week,hopefully should be loved by kids from 8 onwards..if you kid likes any of these dishes..i would be thrilled to hear about it & guess my work is done too :)..So here's to the first one..
My entire family is fond of chaats.. & the younger generation is making sure they live up to the family love too :).. Puffed rice is also something that kids like i guess .. so today i choose Tikki Puri.. This is quite famous in Bangalore & you will find vendors at every nook & corner and they make such good ones..Gosh!! At 10 bucks a plate, this is a tasty, crunchy & mild snack..Ohh! quick to make too ..
1. Panipuri Puri's - 6-8 pieces
2. Onion - 1/4 cup ( finely chopped)
3. Carrot - 1/4 cup (grated)
4. Green Apple - 1/4 cup ( I added them..optional)
5. Tomato - 1 (finely chopped)
6. Salted Peanuts - a handful
7. Green chutney - 1 tsp
8. Sweet Chutney/Tamarind chutney - 2 tsp
9. Chaat Masala - 1/2tsp
10. Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
11. Salt - to taste
12. Puffed Rice - fistful or more
1.In a bowl, add chat masala powder, the green chutney, tamarind chutney, chilli powder & salt
2. Keep all the veggies chopped & ready. Add the peanuts to the bowl. Then, add the chopped veggies & mix well
3. Break the puri 's in the centre & place them on a plate. Take a spoonful of the mixture & stuff them in the puri 's
4. Take a tsp of tamarind chutney & mix it with 2 tsp of water. Add this to all the stuffed puri 's. Sprinkle them with chaat masala powder & then add puffed rice
Finally.. Tikki Puri is ready.. enjoy :))
*You could add more puffed rice! I wanted the puri 's to be seen, so i reduced the quantity
** You could added grated cucumber, after de-seeding it & ignore green apples.. But i think green apples give a nice crunch!
*** Use puri 's that are flat & which you can't use for pani puri.. When you break them in the centre, add the broken pieces to mixture, it becomes more crunchy :)
**** You could add thin sev on top of the stuffing, i didn't have it so skipped that..
Go ahead & check the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#14
Sending this to Valli's Kids's Delight hosted by Rujutha, Kalyani's Holi Fest, Nayna 'Lets Cook Speedy Snacks', Gayatri's Walk through Memory lane hosted by Roshan and Pari's 'Only South Indian'