1. Coconut - 1/2 cup
2. Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
3. Urad dal - 2 tbsp
4. Red Chillies - 4-5
5. Tamarind - pea size
6. Hing - a pinch
7. Salt - to taste
8. Oil - 1-2 tsp
1. In a pan, take oil and once warm, add mustard seeds
2. Once it splutters, add urad dal, red chillies and hing. Saute till it turns light brown
3. Remove from flame, cool it and transfer to a blender
4. Add coconut ( You can use fresh or frozen.I used frozen one) and tamarind, salt and enough water and make a smooth paste
1. Don't increase the quantity of mustard seeds. Excess will make the dish bitter!
Told you it was super easy :). Take hot rice, add little ghee and mix this and have it with curry or papad and enjoy!
Serving : 2 people
Duration : 15 minutes
Sending this to Umm's 'Anyone Can cook: Series 39' event!