Ingredients1. Badam/ Almonds - 1 cup
2. Milk - 3 cups
3. Sugar - 10 tbsp
4. Cashews - 10 ( optional)
5. Saffron - 3-4 strands (optional)
1. Soak the almonds overnight and peel the skin. Or if you want to prepare it immediately, boil some amount of water. Add almonds to the boiling water.
2. Drain water, peel skin of the almonds.
3. If you are using cashews..( i like the mix), soak cashew in water for 10-15 min. It becomes smooth.
4. Now blend peeled almonds and cashews in a mixer. Add little milk, till it covers the almonds and grind to a paste. It need not be a very fine paste, i like a a little badam when i am drink the cheer :)...so its your choice really!
5. At the same take milk in a wok and heat it on a medium flame. Stir occasionally.
6. Add the almond -cashew mixture and cook it. It takes around 10 min.
7. Then add sugar. I don't like it very sweet so 10 tbsp was just fine with me. You could add more if you like it.
8. Add saffron and it give s a nice light yellow color and flavor. But i didn't have it so mine was white.
You could serve it hot or refrigerate it for a while and tastes as tasty as ever, when served cold. Enjoyyy :)
Serving - 1 bowl as in picture
Duration - Max half hour