This tiffin you should try, if you have left over cooked rice, after lunch or dinner and its little that it can't suffice for a meal, at the same time you don't want to waste it either...
(I know this is not a great picture..sorry about that! Plus it might look hard or dry..but the fact is its is really soft, courtesy coconut & rice :)! Oh! i almost forgot to mention, i don't always make the perfect round roti's..am learning yet!)
1. Rice - 1 cup ( based on how much ever is left..consider that as 1 cup)
2. Coconut - 1 cup
3. Ginger - 1inch
4. Cilantro - a sprig
5. Green chillies - 2-3
6. Wheat Flour/ Atta - 4 cups
7. Salt - to taste
8. Oil - 1 tbsp
(Use one standard cup; so atta is 4times the cup of rice)
1. Take rice, coconut, ginger, chillies , cilantro in a blender. Add less water and make a fine paste of the same
2. Take atta in a bowl, add salt and oil and mix well
3. Add the ground mixture to the atta bowl and mix that to form a chapati dough
4. Rest it for 10-15 minutes and then roll out like how you would make a chapati
5. Put the rice chapati on a heated pan and when little bubbles come on one side, turn over and drizzle little ghee or oil and cook till done
Serve hot with chutney or pickle. I served with Tomato-onion subzi. This is like 'Ek Theer 2 Shikaar' ( 1 arrow & 2 targets)...why u ask?? well, rice is over and i made it into chapati too ...Healthy & Tasty :)
* You could increase chillies, if you like more spice!
* Don't add lot of water while grinding, if its too liquidy, then it becomes difficult to make dough right!
Serving - depends totally on cup size :)
Duration - 30 minutes
Sending this to Kalyani's 'Cooking With Left Overs-Kitchen Chronicles' hosted by Veena and Nanya's 'Lets cook with leftover'