|Chickpea Green Soup|
1. Chickpeas - 1/2 cup
2. Spinach -2 cups (chopped)
3. Cilantro/Kothamalli - 2-3 tbsp
4. Sugar - 1/2 tsp
5. Lemon juice -2 tbsp
6. Pepper powder -1 tsp or more
7. Salt - to taste
8. Water -4 cups
1. Soak chickpeas overnight in water. By the next day, it would have puffed up and accounts for 1 cup, which will be the soup ingredient
2. Pressure cook this chickpea with enough water for upto 2 whistles. Once steam cools off, drain water and keep the chickpea aside
3. In a pan, add the spinach ( roughly chopped), cilantro, sugar & water and let it cook for a couple of minutes, say around 4-5 minutes
4. Then cool the spinach-cilantro mixture, drain the water and transfer them to a blender
5. Now add the chickpeas too and make this into a nice puree. You can add little water to make a smooth puree
6. Transfer this puree into a pan, add the drained water, pepper powder, salt & lemon juice and give a boil
7. Soup is ready and enjoy
I made a swirl using curd. For that take 2-3 tbsp of curd, beat it well with a spoon and make a swirl slowly.
Its does not taste like your other soups, which generally have a strong flavor.Pepper is the spice and lemon juice is the one which makes the difference. It's only a few spoons later, you get the taste.
It might not taste amazing, but its very nutrious...has spinach (full of iron) and chickpea provides the proteins.. cilantro a light flavor, pepper the spice & lemon the tang!
My verdict...Tastes decent for a zero -oil one! People who like things less spicy will love it :)
Sending this to Priya's 'Cooking up with seeds' hosted by Sukanya of Saffron Streaks and to Priya's Healthy Diet Event - Warm Soups