After a couple of attempts, i moved a step ahead and have realized when i should remove the burfi.. 7 cups is one such attempt. My mom would make it often and when i was a kid, for some strange reason i would go around telling everyone that amma doesn't know anything but 7 cups!! :(.. Poor thing! But for me she makes the best 7 cups ....
|7 Cups Burfi|
1. Milk - 1 cup
2. Besan/ Chickpea Flour - 1 cup
3. Coconut - 1 cup
4. Ghee - 1 cup
5. Sugar - 3 cups
1. Take a non-stick pan and add all the ingredients and mix well
2. Stir well and continue to do so till the mixture starts to leave the pan and starts taking the form of dough (the mixture starts becoming a little hard)
3. Pour the mixture on a plate greased with ghee and let it cool for 7-10 minutes
4. When warm cut them and the desired shape is got !
Serving - Makes close 14-15 burfis
Duration - 25 minutes
Sending this to Gayatri's 'Walk through Memory Lane'