More than cakes, biscuits are something i do often..why do i prefer them, if you ask..well the reasons are ...for one its helps me curb my cravings, S loves them & there is no overdose of deserts! During the marathon, when i saw these chic-chip cookies by Suma, i knew i had to do it..She has an amazing list of eggless bakes & i want to try all of them.. So, here's the beginning!
1. All purpose flour - 2 cups
2. Butter - 1 stick/1/2 cup
3. Light Brown Sugar - 3/4cup
4. Baking soda - 1tsp
5. Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
6. Honey - 2tbsp
7. Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
8. Salt - a pinch
9. Semi-sweet choco chips - 1/2 cup
10. Milk - 3-4 tbsp
1. Sieve the all the purpose flour, baking powder, soda & salt in a bowl
2. Melt the butter and to this add the sugar & whip till creamy
3. To this add the essence,honey and mix again
4. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix
5. Add the choco chips and milk, if you feel the dough is very dry
6. Mix well to incorporate and form a nice smooth dough
7. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F
8. Make small balls & flatten them and line them on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or so if the corners tuns light brown
9. Remove once done and cool it and then enjoy...
The biscuits looks crumbly, my snap is an indication, but it doesn't fall apart trust me :)..
Few things, a tad different for me...
*The recipe doesn't call for milk, but mine was very crumbly, so i went ahead and added that
** The texture was not such, that i could scoop them to make a cookie..so i made a smooth dough..Had a good mind to refrigerate to a log & cut them..But then, i have done that so skipped that idea!
*** After making a smooth dough, took small portions and flattened them
*** You could reduce the ingredients to half, but since it was mentioned it would make 3 dozen..i thought i will need those ( ya.. lets keep for a week or so!! but we managed to wipe the entire box in 3 days flat)
**** The original recipe calls for 1 cup of choco chips, i used half ( coz that was what i had) but i think it was just fine... addition of more would have been very chocolaty for our taste!!
Serving : Close to 3 dozen ( i did one or two giant cookies, coz i got bored mid-way making them :D)
Duration : 40 min
Sending this too..
1. Vimitha' 'Love & Chocolate Fest'
2.Vardhini's 'Sweet Luv'
3. Radhika's 'Lets Cook' - Sweet Something
4. Sumee' Bon Vivant Moments
5. Sravs' 'Dish for Loved Ones'
6. Annz Cafe 'Valentine's Special'
7. Radhika' I Love Baking'
8.Vardhini 'Bake Fest' hosted by Tomato Blues'
9. Valli's 'Kids Fest' hosted by Priya
10. Priya's "Healthy Diet Line up' hosted by Raji