The truffles melt in your mouth & there is a light tinge of spiciness that it leaves behind..this is def the best way to express how it tasted :D.. you must know by now, that it is very difficult for me to describe a dish verbally ( I feel guilty, that i own a food blog ;))
1. Dark Chocolate - 1 cup ( Iused Hershey's Special dark chocolate)
2. Heavy Whipped Cream - 1/2 cup
3. Butter - 1tbsp
4. Sugar - 2 tbsp
5. Chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
6. Roasted & salted Peanuts - a handful crushed (optional)
7. Cocoa powder - 3tbsp (optional)
1. Break the chocolate into small pieces and measure the same for a cup. You could use a blender to break into pieces
2. In a pan take the whipped cream, butter & sugar and mix well. Once the cream comes to a boil, remove of flame
3. Pour the cream to the chocolate and mix well till it no lumps are left. This is the ganache! ( The color change from light brown to a very rich brown is def a visual treat, had a good mind to just sit & lick the entire bowl :), but my good sense prevailed :D)
4. To this add the chilli powder and mix well. Let it cool to the room temperate
5. Pour this to a container, cover with a cling wrap & cool it in the fridge for more 2-3 hrs!
6. Then once the ganache is set, scoop out using a spoon & roll this cocoa powder or peanut powder
7. Store in fridge & serve
* The first time i made the ganache, i didn't cool it, juts wrapped it & put the same in fridge.. It didn't set at all, though i had refrigerated it overnight
** So, i reheated the ganache at a low temperature, cooled it & then refrigerated it and it set well finally! Phew!!
*** Once you scoop out & make a ball, make sure you roll it quickly as it tends to stick to you hand, due to the heat from your hand.
**** You could remove chilli & alternate it with liqueur! I thought having salted peanuts would add a different tinge to the chocolate.. you could use melted chocolate, coconut..anything you like absolutely
I personally thought making truffles is too much of an effort.. i hate the waiting time, i prefer to have the bar immediately ;)
Serving : 12-14 balls
Sending this to..
1. Vimitha' 'Love & Chocolate Fest'
2.Vardhini's 'Sweet Luv'
3. Radhika's 'Lets Cook' - Sweet Something
4. Sumee' Bon Vivant Moments
5. Sravs' 'Dish for Loved Ones'
6. Annz Cafe 'Valentine's Special'7. Anjali's 'Cakes, cokies & deserts'